Monday, May 2, 2011

When the Spirit teaches...








  
I'm so excited to talk to everyone on Sunday! I'm going to call by the way at like 6 or 7 my time and like 1, 2, or 3 your time lol. So you will be anticipating the call for about 2 and half hours. But this call I'm going to use Skype even though it wasn't that great last time with people running around and everything and not being able to say everything I wanted to say. Bu this time I will be in a room by myself with a faster computer that hopefully will not cut out a bunch. SO I can't wait!

That is hilarious that you all saw the video that the member put on facebook, we were laughing so hard that we decided to record it because my companion was translating it so funny.

I love what you said mom about service, being out here is so amazing and I'm trying hard daily to look for opportunities to serve the people around me cause when I serve I truly feel the savior working through me and I feel like I'm doing what I have been called here to do. It's so true what you said about the adversary. Now days the only control is self control, it's too easy for the youth of the church to get sucked into that crap but the great thing is that we can truly ask our loving Heavenly Father for us to be strengthened through the atonement of Jesus Christ and throw off the chains of hell and become stronger by living the gospel of Jesus Christ which has such great power even the power unto salvation. Memorizing the living Christ really makes me realize that Jesus Christ was truly someone amazing as opposed to how some people think that he was just a good person. I feel the spirit whenever I read the part when Joseph smith testifies that He Lives!

I can't believe all the babies that our popping out and I'm not there to see them. I can't believe that Tim just had a baby as well; you need to send me pictures of him or her that would be awesome and thank you for the pictures of Becky's baby. She looks so cute just like the rest of her kids.

By the way, I love my companion even though in the beginning it was hard and still some things are difficult but I love him and am learning to serve even when it's hard. I am learning from him just as I do from each of my companions.

I love the insight that Chanelle gave on when Jesus was resurrected. I read that same thing and was wondering about that. I love reading Jesus the Christ and the materials that I have to study. Being on the mission opened my eyes to new things and has given me a thirst for knowledge which before the mission just wasn't there.

This week was awesome and it was something that I needed as well. We have been teaching a girl and her mom who is less active and we invited her daughter to get baptized.  I think I told you this but the reason why the mom was less active was because the husband would not let her go to church, so one day we passed by to teach the mom and the daughter like we had scheduled and they weren't their but the dad came out to talk to us so I thought he was going to tell us to leave and not come back but instead he said that he wanted to listen to us. We then made an appointment and came back and he wasn't their but we were told he would come in a bit so we then started talking to the wife and she asked us what her husband said and we told her and she couldn't believe us, it looked like she was about to cry so she called her husband to make sure he was coming and I was just praying so hard that we could make this lesson good that we could be guided by the spirit. He came in and he was really nice and the wife left so we could focus on him while she was listening in the other room. The lesson we taught was so amazing and the sprit was so strong and he felt it too. We ended up being their without knowing it for 2 and a half hours answering questions. He told us he has always had the question of knowing who God and Jesus were as well as knowing who he was praying to. We then told him and he understood and accepted it. He told us after everything that he feels something different and a desire to learn more. We told him it was the spirit. So every week he wants us to come back. The thing that is so amazing is that two guys around 20 years old can come in and teach what we know and they accept it and change their lives. That just shows that the sprit was their because only the sprit can do that. We were so happy even though he said he wants to listen without any promises. I know the more we teach him he will be converted. We were so happy after and God truly answered my prayers.

I love this gospel and I'm thankful for it in my life. I don't know what I did to deserve all these wonderful blessings that I have in my life.

Be ready with questions and yes I will talk to you guys in Spanish this time lol.
Tell McKenna I love her and Kenny and all the boys that they are studs and I love them all.

Con Amor,
Elder Pedersen

No comments:

Post a Comment