Monday, September 26, 2011

Love my companion!!

This week has been way good and I love my companion Elder Vergara, he is hilarious and we are always laughing our heads off. I thought it would take a little time to get used to a Latin companion because of all the things you hear about them on the mission but they were wrong and I also thought it would be hard to always be speaking in Spanish but I love it and I'm learning a lot. It basically just comes now and it's a blast. Now when I get home I won't be able to speak well with Mexicans because I speak Chilean. Ha-ha it's definitely a lot different than the last change and it's a lot more relieving.
This week we also were able to place a baptismal date with Edith and Elias, finally! This sector is kind of hard to get baptisms at times because the ward really doesn't want to do anything and there is a lot of back biting that goes in the church and it seems like the investigators don't find it very warm their but we went over to their house on Saturday and had a big discussion about baptism and they finally were convinced, we just now have to help them on that road to baptism because they feel a little timid to do so but I know they feel that this church is true and they even said that but they just get scared at times but when we pass by and we carry the spirit with us in the lesson that fear goes away.
I cannot wait until general conference, it's so exciting and I know I have said it before but it's seriously like Christmas. It's going to be super exciting to have our investigators go and watch it because that will be a pivotal moment for them and they will really feel the spirit.
Well I only have a couple of minutes to write today because we have a mission activity today at 4 to celebrate the 18th of September and so we barely have any time to do anything but it is going to be fun and we will get a chance to see the whole mission.
I have been praying super hard for Shanna too that the whole pregnancy will go great because Shanna already told me and I was freaking out! I'm super excited for her and can't wait, I have a feeling that everything will go just right because it will be in Gods timing.
Well I love you all and sorry for the short letter but I will try to take more pictures this week and send them to you this next Monday.
Love you all and be diligent in all things.
- Elder Pedersen

No comments:

Post a Comment