Monday, October 10, 2011

Serving in the Promised Land!!

Alright I'm sorry I feel like a slacker with the short e-mails and the little bit of pictures that I send but I only send a bit of pictures because I don't take much. It's a lot different cause they advise us not to pull our cameras out and take pictures so we don't look like tourists and plus people might steel our cameras which I have heard has happened many times. I have heard of missionaries that only take pictures of the baptisms that they have, and that's it. But still I will try and take more pictures than I have.

This week has been a good week and we are finding out that it's easy to find people to teach, the only thing now is to keep them and have patience with them. For example this last week on Tuesday we went to our investigators Mom's house and the son to see how they were and talk about the 10 commandments cause we gave them a folleto (pamphlet) to read on the law of chastity and when we passed in the house and sat down the mom came in from the other room and handed us the pamphlet and said I don't agree with this at all and started going off on what she doesn't agree with and things like that and so I was actually about to get mad but instead we just listened to her and I just waited to see what the spirit would put into my mouth to say and after talking to us about the things that she didn't like which were little things, I asked her if she had read the book of Mormon and prayed and she said she had not even prayed about it but prayed everyday and I knew she hadn't so we calmed her down and talked about how everything hangs on if the book of Mormon is true or not and so they came to church and after church we talked about the 10 commandments and she didn't have any complaints about anything and she was super happy about that and it was way cool because it was fast Sunday and they heard awesome testimonies from the members and they were shocked at people spoke straight from the heart, they said no other pastor in any other person in another church does that and Elias the son said he went back and listened to the talk by the prophet 3 times and he said he knows the church is true. It just makes me think that if truly people would search with all their heart they would find the truth.

So we are super happy with the progress of Elias and Edith and we are finding more and more people that have great potential to progress. I have been praying and praying that we can find a family to be able to teach and baptize because president invited us missionaries to pray and set the goal before the navidad to be able to find a family. In this sector there is so much potential and I just want to find that one family that is waiting for the gospel and that is being prepared by the lord.

Well I actually just found out that Skyler got permission to go to the big celebration this next Saturday cause last week he told me that he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to go to the activity but now he can and so we are so stoked and can't wait to see each other, I don't know how we are going to be able to find each other in a bushel of tons of people but it will happen or God wouldn't put us so close together! And as of right now nobody is sure if an apostle is coming or the prophet but it's going to be awesome! This last week we heard from the area presidency of Chile through satellite and it was actually shown all over but it was way cool and they showed a video of how the church started here in Chile and while watching it I just felt super privileged to be a missionary here in Chile and to be surrounded by many great Chilean members who have such great testimonies of the gospel.

Well it looks like you have tons of fun at the lone pine activity, I couldn't believe that dad made that jail, and it looks way cool. Thank you for your prayers and I will let you all know how it goes, I'm way excited!

Love you all tons and I'm super glad that Shanna is doing well so far, I hope it continues that way

Elder Pedersen

P.S. I have written some people back in the ward and I haven't
received many letters from the ward, maybe people have got
The address wrong or something. But yes I will write the kids more and I hope Kenny
received the letter I sent to him like a month and a half ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment