Monday, August 29, 2011

The Testaments...

Thank you for the pictures, man it's crazy to see them all and Skyler and I not being in them but I guess that's how its needs to be. I feel like time is flying when I see pictures like that and tons of little kids running around. But it seems like over all it was fun.

By the way the prophet doesn't come until September and we still don't know exactly what's going to happen but I'm ecstatic and can't hardly wait.

This week was a normal week but it ended great. We are teaching a guy named Elias and his mom. We went over their yesterday and watched The Testaments because some guy in the ward where his brother attends gave it to him for his family to watch and so they wanted to watch it with us. I explained what it was about, and other people of the family were there as well so that's why I had to explain it, so we watched it and when the movie began I started praying so hard so that they would feel the spirit and feel a desire to change and act. And even though I had watched that movie so many times I felt the Spirit super strong testifying to me that it was true and by the end of the movie I looked over and they were all bawling and so I testified that Christ truly came to the Americas and they knew it and I testified that Jesus wasn't just born to bless those in Jerusalem but the whole world and they said that they had never heard of something like that but they knew it was true. I then had a flashback of when I saw that movie for the first time and the spirit testified to a 14 year old boy of these things and when I didn't know what I was feeling I expressed them through crying in the bathroom of the restaurant we were at.

I knew I had a testimony of these things and everyday I'm blessed with the spirit continuing to testify to me and after the lesson I gave thanks to Heavenly Father for hearing me. I felt so blessed to be an instrument in the hands of God to bring the Spirit into the homes of those I teach.

At the end of the lesson they promised to read, pray and go to church. I'm excited to help them progress on the road to baptism.

I can't believe that all of the boys are going into high school! That's insane. McKenna must be getting supper spoiled.

Well sorry this is a short letter but I don't have tons of time. But I love you all and I pray for you all everyday

Have a great week!
Con Amor,
Elder Pedersen

P.S. I'm glad you're sending me a photo book, People love when I show them pictures and plus I like having them too.





No comments:

Post a Comment