Monday, August 15, 2011

Modern Day Miracles...

Gosh it seems like you all had the craziest week ever! I cannot believe that BreAnne is married! It's kind of sad to not be able to be there to see it but I can at least receive pictures and know that it was amazing. I feel like so many things are happening back at home, it's insane! I probably won't even recognize the people or place when I return. I felt like Danny Berger just left a bit ago, time really fly's when you're having fun! By the way I still want more pictures of the wedding and everything. It's crazy when a close cousin gets married but it's also comforting to know that another close cousin is in Chile missing it too.

To start off this week has been a lot better and I want to thank Shanna for the pictures that she sent, I got a load of them and it made me happy lol. My sisters always come through, I got filled in on a lot of things that have already happened that I didn't know about, for instance I didn't know that you all went to Sunriver but the pictures that Shanna took were awesome! She is a way good photographer or however you spell it.

My talk went great, it was on missionary work like always and I was nervous that Elder Perez wouldn't take the time that he was supposed to, but it ended up good and people said I did a great job. I talked about determination in this work and in finding the children of God that are lost by sharing the story about Robert Moyal who wrote the words on the Salt Lake City Temple; "Holiness To The Lord". If you don't know the story you should read it because it's a great example of diligence in the Lords service.

All the talk about home coming talks makes me worried that I can come home and do it in English. That will be a miracle.lol. it was actually weird because I got a really bad cold on Friday and on Saturday I woke up not feeling well at all and I was worried I would not be able to give the talk but surprisingly I kept working during the day even though it was miserable and it slowly went away, I never had a cold last for so short a period of time. I think the Lord really wanted me to speak.

This week was a good one, we were able to see the Lords hand cause we were able to find many people and  receive a lot of referrals of people who seem golden, so I'm excited for this next week. We have been teaching a guy we found that was actually a referral and we taught him and he is golden as well, when we taught him  he said that he already knows that these things are true because his brother was baptized last week and he and his mom went to his baptism and felt something amazing, so YES I asked him to be baptized but he said that that is the hardest part so we invited him to keep reading and praying and we passed by last night and his mom is cool too and interested.

So a lot of people are coming out of the wood work to teach so I'm excited, I have definitely been praying to my Heavenly Father a lot, I'm learning to always keep a prayer in my heart in everything I do so I act in accordance with the will of my Heavenly Father.

I'm not sure if you have heard about the catholic church down here but a lot of people are leaving the church because catholic priests have been accused of raping children and doing other stuff that is wrong and so it's making it easier to get into people's houses, but really sad. Also you probably have heard but the children and parents are rioting to get the price of schools reduced because its way too high and so right now no one is going to school and basically the teenagers are in control of the schools, so they have lost a lot of time for studies. It's crazy, we pass by some schools and chairs are on the gates of the school and paint on the school. And sometimes people come out at night and with pots and pans bang on them, it's just weird.

It's so crazy but I feel like I'm really understanding and learning why I'm here in this sector and I'm learning greatly why I'm with my comp., I really am learning like Dad said about his mission when he got put into a certain area how much I really can do as a person, I go into lessons sometimes and say to myself how in the world am I going to teach this lesson in another language and make it so people feel the spirit and gain our trust to let us back in their home and it surprisingly works out and I wonder how it's done, if I go everywhere with the spirit I don't ever have to worry. Charity and patience are playing a big role in my life right now more than it ever has and the things that I am learning make me grateful for the time I have to serve these people in Chile even though it may be hard at times, I'm learning how much I really love this gospel and sharing it it's such an enriching experience. Even if there is just one time during the day that I get to share the message of the restoration it brightens my day. And it's because it's all true.

I love the fact that I'm here with Skyler as of this week, actually a couple of missionaries that were in his district in the MTC are actually in my zone so I see them a lot so it's kind of cool. I'm excited for the experiences he will have because he has a lot ahead of him. He showed me pictures and it actually looks just like he is in the same sector as me, it looks exactly like where I'm at.

Well I miss all of you; you all look really good in the pictures that Shanna sent. You all look a lot older. I was looking through all the pictures smiling the entire time.

I love you all
Work hard, play hard

Con Amor,
Elder Pedersen

P.S. The picture uploader is the thing you plug into the computer and you can plug your memory card into it.



No comments:

Post a Comment