Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Beginning to look a lot like Summer!!!



Alright this week was a really fantastic week. But to start thank you for the letters, Dad your letter was awesome! That's totally how I feel sometimes, we all have our own garden and we take care of it the best we can each day, and its difficult sometimes to help it grow, but as we do it, it grows into something beautiful. And like you said some people don't want a garden, they don't want to take the time. I'm really glad that everyone is doing really good, I couldn't believe that Kenny cut his hair. Wow!

Seems like everyone is doing great. I'm really excited to call the family on Christmas day! Except that I really don't know when to call and I only have like an hour is what I heard which is crazy cause I didn't know it was only going to be that long because Chanelle definitely talked longer than that. So I guess we will just have to see.

I'm totally losing track of time, not ever realizing what day is what, and the days fly by. It's insane! Before I know it, it will be Christmas. It's been a lot of fun to open the packages, I love them all. It's just a little piece of home in the pension. I'm going to miss home this Christmas but it's okay because I have a sister who is going to go through the same thing. And also the people here love the missionaries and there is a big family that is in our ward and we might go over there for Christmas and they do everything how we do it in the United States. So I'm excited, they are an awesome family, super loud which I love because it reminds me of our family. But yes we are having a big mission activity this Thursday and I'm not sure what we are doing but I heard it's going to be good. I will have to let you know how it goes. I'm way excited though.

Alright so this week was good because all this week we were preparing for two baptisms and so Sunday was awesome. I confirmed Fernanda who was baptized last week and I baptized Fernando. It was definitely a spiritual experience for me. I was really nervous so I definitely had a prayer in my heart the whole time. It went good though. The baptism was kinda funny because I had to baptize him 3 times! lol the first time I got everything right but he didn't go all the way under and the 2nd time I didn't say it right, but it was all good, but what was really cool was that when we were changing I asked him how he felt and he said that this was the feeling that he has been looking for for a long time and now he has it. This guy lives with his parents, is kinda shy, his parents told us he has never done wrong. And it was so awesome because all his life he has been doing everything right but has never tasted or felt the goodness of the gospel. It was a really cool experience.

Also what I forgot to tell you was that before elder Johnston left, he and I and another member from the ward sang I know my Redeemer lives in sacrament meeting, it went really well, people said that they really felt the spirit, and they loved it. It was fun too because it was a different version.

I'm really loving it here, I will try and take tons of pictures this week of the Christmas activity also. It's seriously so hot here, I'm not used to it at all. I'm always sweating, So it's a good thing you sent me those t-shirts. I'm definitely using them. Also those family home evenings are great too. We used one this week and it went really well. They loved it. Well I love you all and tell the Coffman's I love them too and tell them sorry for not being able to write them. I never have time.

Keep working hard and I love you all!
The church is True!
Con Amor,
Your Elder Pedersen









No comments:

Post a Comment