Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!!! Talk to you in Five days...

Hey family!

Sorry it took me so long to write back today, I really had tons to do.

Mom, to answer your question about the whole Skype thing, I actually found out during the day that we are allowed to Skype, lol but I'm not sure if I want to do that. I might cry or something lol. I don't know, I will have to think about it. But about the phone call. I think I will be calling around 2 or 3 because I have lunch with a family and so after we will have to book it to the pension to be able to call on time. So I will try to call at 10 your time. And yes I will be using the calling card. And I can only talk for 30 to 40 min. hour max. yeah it kinda stinks but have your questions ready and what not. I'm way excited!!!

I'm glad everybody is doing really well; Kenny seems to be doing really awesome! And same with all the other boys. Tell Kellin I said happy birthday!!! And that I love that stud! I actually have a package that I sent home today, it won't get their before Christmas but it has a birthday present for Kellin, and some other stuff for the family, it's a little taste of Chile lol.

This Christmas is going to be weird but exciting and memorable one. It's totally weird being out here without the family, traditions, food, movies, but I'm loving the work and trying to make this Christmas a special one. So my companion and I during Christmas week are going from house to house, members and singing songs and giving them home made treats from the United States and sharing a Christmas thought about Christmas and the significance of the birth of our Savior and the three wise men, So I hope it all turns out great.

This week I have really been thinking about the birth of Jesus and taking a look at the importance of why I am here. People tell us all the time how hard it must be away from family during this time. And it's true it is a little hard but we tell them that's why our message is so important. I always think of the quote that day told me that a mission president said, we are here on missions away from our families so other families can be together forever, and it's true. I love my family so much and I'm glad that I have day after day to share this wonderful message with people. That there is a way that families can be together forever and that is through our savior Jesus Christ. It makes me so happy to know that through the priceless gift of the savior, we can all be together forever. There is no greater gift from our Heavenly Father to mankind, And some people go throughout their whole lives without knowing that they can receive all these blessings from our Heavenly Father through the atonement of his son Jesus Christ.

Now I know since being out here that one of the greatest gifts I could give to my Savior is to share this knowledge that I have and the goodness of God with all those who will receive me.

I love you all and I want you all to know that I know this gospel is true with all my heart. There is not and never will be a doubt in my heart about the truth of this gospel. I know that because our Savior broke the bands of death and was resurrected the 3rd day, we can all live and be together forever. I know and I testify that the holy seplicure is still empty. Just like his disciples saw on that day. Sometimes I ask myself why I was born into the world, into the gospel of Jesus Christ, with loving parents. All I can do now is give all I have to my father in heaven who blesses me each and every day of my life.

I hope you all have a great Christmas week as we ponder and celebrate the gift that was given so long ago and keeps on giving.

Merry Christmas! Keep Chanelle and I in your thoughts as you walk down the stairs that Christmas morning.

Love-

Your Elder Pedersen

No comments:

Post a Comment