Monday, August 30, 2010

The Most Amazing Week!!! August 27, 2010

Wow, this week has been so amazing, I really don't even know where to start, but first of all I'm really glad the family is doing great and working hard.

Every week you know how I have to go to the TRC which is where you teach members of the church so you can practice teaching in Spanish?

Well this week my companion and I went there along with the rest of the district, and when we got their my teacher pulled us out and told us that the lady we were going to teach was actually going through a hard time and she was crying in the room, so my teacher told us to just forget everything we had planned, and if we had to then we could teach in English because the lady was really struggling. I was kind of scared along with my companion because we didn't know what was going to happen so we said a prayer and went in there. She was bawling so we tried to figure out what was wrong, and she was kind of embarrassed to tell us what the real problem was so only told us the basics. Then after that we went by the sprit and tried to comfort her best we could, so it was a really good experience because It taught me to teach by the spirit. She wanted a blessing so we actually gave her a blessing in the TRC, and my teacher came in and had me set the oil apart in Spanish, he guided me and then my companion gave the prayer because he has done it many times, so it was a good experience.

Another thing that happed this week is that I got my travel plans! I was freaking out; we all were. I leave on the 6th, and I have a layover in Texas for 3 hours at about 4:30, so everybody better be home when I call. I'm way excited to call.

Anyway, the most important thing that happened this week was that the gym was finished and they put the bleachers in so that we could have our devotionals, so on Tuesday when we were all sitting there here comes in Jeffrey R Holland!! I was freaking out, and everybody just stands up. I was so excited; It really was the highlight of my week. He spoke to us without any notes, just by the spirit. I couldn't believe my favorite speaker was there. His talk was amazing. When I call I will have to expound on it, but when he walked in you could just feel the spirit so strongly, and you know how Holland is, he speaks with such power. He talked about how he is afraid we will not take advantage of this time on the mission. He said we cannot waste a second, a day, an hour, nothing! This only comes once, and there's no saying only if I did this or only if I did that, he said give it all you got! he also talked about obedience which was amazing, then he said something that was awesome too, He said we have to be perfect every time we teach, we have to always be tuning ourselves! And when we teach the investigators, we have to knock their socks off! I will have to tell you more when I talk to you all on the phone. I loved it. It changed how I do everything on my mission; it was a wakeup call to me and during the meeting the sprit was definitely the teacher the whole time. I absolutely loved it.

Also this week I ran into Jordan and Payton Davis. It was so awesome to talk with Jordan, on the temple walk we talked the entire time and I took pictures except not with Payton because we couldn't find him and then he left, but I got a couple of pictures that I will probably send.

My time is almost out but wow, this week has been totally awesome. I want to be the best I can be here. I'm not going to waste any time being here; I'm taking advantage of every second. I want my mission to be a 24 month mission, not any less! No time will be wasted.

I hope you all are having a wonderful time out camping. Give my love to everyone.
By the way where are all my letters from the boys, I want to hear from them.
I love all you guys with all my heart, keep working hard and choosing the right.

Con Amor,
Your Elder Pedersen

No comments:

Post a Comment