Friday, August 20, 2010

Crazy!!! August 20, 2010

Hi my family! This week has been really crazy; there is a lot that I have been doing. I cannot believe that Steven is going to Spain! I'm so excited for him; I know he will be an amazing missionary. I have been praying for him, I feel bad that his family is struggling with the decision he has made. yeah I saw Jordan! it was way cool to see him here, I was only able to talk to him for like a minute but it was way cool to see him, he is liking his first couple days, and yeah I know I need to get pictures with all the missionaries from back home but its hard finding everyone and taking a picture, and it's going to be hard to find Jordon too because he is English speaking but I will definitely do it before I leave. The person I see the most here is Jordon Harmon, its good talking to him about everything.

To answer your question, everybody in my district is going to Chile but only 4 out of the seven are going to my mission including my companion. The Spanish is kinda difficult some days, this last week has been hard on me because we are learning new grammar and new words everyday and sometimes its hard not to get frustrated. I have to just keep in mind that the lord wants me to succeed in this language; if he wants me to struggle then I'm going to struggle. I have noticed though that I need to be obedient 100% or else the lord will not help me, I have also really learned to teach by the spirit and do everything through the spirit, when I'm teaching a lesson by the spirit, it goes so much smoother. I am also learning each day how the scriptures apply to everything in life and there are answers to every problem or question.

I'm so excited to leave and go to Chile, it will definitely be hard when going down there because people in Chile speak super fast, so I'm trying to take advantage of this time that I have here.

I wish I had more time to tell you more. It stinks cuz writing the family is one of the highlights of my week, but its okay cause I will get to talk to everyone on the phone when I fly out to Chile!

I love everyone! I'm glad everyone is doing great. Give my love to the rest of the family.

Thank you mom for the quote, it was perfect for me this week.

Keep the faith.

Con Amor,

Your Elder Pedersen

No comments:

Post a Comment