Sunday, August 1, 2010

Almost 4 weeks: July 30, 2010


The garden is also huge! Way bigger than it was when I left. And yeah I got your letter thank you. It helped a lot. I always get something that I need from your letters, so thank you. That's cool that Jordan and Steven are coming over. I can't wait to here where he gets sent to. I'm way excited for him! The mtc is definitely going a lot better. especially because 4 people left to Guatemala and now it's a lot better, and yes we do climb the walls, it pretty fun.lol I'm having fun here. It seems like time is going by way fast. It's already my fourth week basically. I'm counting down to when I get to go to Chile, and even though I like it here I want to get out to where the real work is. The language is going a little better, I was confused with some of it but now I'm getting better and starting to understand it a bit more. Basically it will just take time to just say what I want to say in Spanish. I just have to work really hard at it. I'm kind of bummed that there is no choir here. I wanted to be in it but oh well.


I'm learning so much being here and each day, I'm becoming a better teacher. And I'm starting to love teaching. But I know that I will only be speaking in English for about another week and then I teach in Spanish. This is our last week that we will be speaking in English and that scares me, so I hope I will be able to do it, cause me and my companion are teaching for 35 min. so its kinda crazy. Oh and I saw Jordan Harmon and Sean Russell. They love it here and Sean is speaking Spanish with his companion all the time. So when I talked to him, he was just talking to me in Spanish about how his week was going. So it was kinda cool. I see Jordan Harmon all the time because his class is in the same building. So it's way cool.

I can't believe mom is only 1 hour away and I can't see her and Kenny is about a block away! (Tell Kenny to write to me about his experience) I can even here the efy kids screaming every day, so they are pretty close, but even though I can't see them, it gives me comfort to know they are right there.

Everyday I'm here I learn a lot, in meetings, devotionals, or just on my own. I love this gospel and I am coming to love and know my savior better more and more each day. I can't wait to share it with those in Chile.

Thank you so much for your love, support and faith in me. Thank you also for your prayers I know you are with me every step of the way and I can feel your prayers.

Oh and today I get to go to the temple for my first time being here! So I'm way excited. It's going to be awesome.

I love you all so much. Give my love to everyone.

Your Elder Pedersen



No comments:

Post a Comment