Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Holidays





So yeah you kind of accomplished making me trunky but not homesick lol. I just love Christmas and all of that, it's so impossible to think that I will be their next Christmas but for now I will be focused and like you said I would not trade this time for the world. I'm learning so many things. more than I ever thought and even though Satan tries telling me that I'm not learning anything and I'm wasting my time and that my work here is useless, I try to take Chanelle's advice and look for all the gifts and knowledge that I do have instead of looking at the things that I don't. It helps and motivates me to destroy those thoughts of inadequacy.

Well it's crazy to see all you guys bundled up in your coats and jackets for the winter. It's like I tell the people here my family is in the states in coats for the snow while we are here dying from heat, lol. It really is super hot here. I was talking to an elder from El Salvador and he said that its super humid and hot their, but here it's even hotter. It's all good cause it will be my last Christmas in the heat serving the people I love so I have to love it while it lasts.  I hope to go to Salt Lake City when I go home; I want the coldest Christmas ever. Lol. It's kind of funny cause people are setting up all decorations for Christmas but it's just weird when it is so hot here. My comp. and I are still trying to get used to it all but the people here find it so normal because that is all they know.

Well this week was a different one but we had a baptism and it was hard to get there with a girl of the age of 9. We had to work hard with her cause it was super hard for her to pay attention. I learned a lot from teaching her especially patience. I knew that she wasn't going to understand everything so we had to try and explain everything super basic and that helped us focus on the main points. I usually don't like baptizing kids at that age because usually if the mom or dad don't go to church they don't go either so I was kind of nervous  cause most all of her family aren't members and her mom is a recent convert. But the little girl got baptized without being obligated so that was awesome cause it shows desire. so we hope that she stays in the church and applies the things we taught her in her life so she can leave the drugs, sex, alcohol and all of that behind and be better than her family.

So anyway we had the baptism on Saturday cause the mom was going to invite all her family that was catholic and so we got super stressed out cause nobody from the ward was going to be able to go and we couldn't receive the key to the church and so we had no idea what we were going to do and our ward mission leader wanted us to cancel everything the day before but we knew we couldn't do it so long story short we got the keys and got everything ready and right before the baptism starts the counselor called us and said he wasn't going to make it and so we were running around trying to look for priesthood to come but right before the visitors started getting antsy he came and the girl came with her mom and she wasn't very excited for her baptism because the rest of her family couldn't come but I tried to make her happy and excite her but as you can see in the picture she wasn't happy at first but then I got to baptize her and she put a smile on her face when she came up out of the water. It was stressful and even though we didn't have much support from the ward we did it and the spirit was felt.

So we have changes this next week and I'm kind of scared what will happen, I'm pretty sure that I'm going but I don't know cause I was in my first ward for 5 changes and I have 4 in this one. I want to stay to see my investigators be baptized cause they weren't ready this last change.

Its so weird to think that I have 7 months left in the mission, I don't feel that i will ever be ready to leave here. I feel like I still have so much to do and learn. I feel like my time is going by so fast and I don't like it. If i were Chanelle I would be going home next month! That would be way too soon. I know before I know it I will be going home and so I'm trying to take advantage of every moment that I have left, and grow and become the missionary that God wants me to be.


Pues les amo a todos y que tengan una buena semana. CuĂ­dense.
Gracias por sus oraciones y apoyo. Que disfruten la navidad y pensar
En el sacrificio de nuestro salvador. Hagan lo just!

Elder Pedersen
P.S. What did you guys think about my lost pictures?



No comments:

Post a Comment