Monday, April 11, 2011

First Transfer after 7 months

Congratulations ADAM!! I bet Adam and Shanna are super excited. By the looks of the video that you sent me I could tell. I was cracking up watching that video of Adam lol. That's totally Adam, I miss hanging out with him. I didn't even know that you all left for Idaho this weekend. Kenny looks older in the picture that you sent me, it's crazy.

I could not believe what the whole family went through this past week with everybody puking their guts out. Lol but I was laughing, it was a good story to read. What a great week to be away from the family lol. I love the quote though I hope that's not true. (A family that pukes together, stays together) I would hate to get the flu or food poisoning; I would rather knock all day and get every door slammed on me than to go through that lol.

Well I'm glad you all had a great weekend with Shanna and Adam and the rest of the family. I miss Shanna and Adam and wish I could be there to have fun with them and the family.

It's been great being in this sector and by the way it's called Apoquindo and the zone is called las condes so that you know if you want to look at it on the map witch I'm pretty sure mom already has. Also there is hermanas in my zone which is way cool cause we have like the coolest ones in our district and I talked to the one from El Salvador, I totally thought of Chanelle because she goes home when Chanelle does. I like having sister missionaries in the zone, that is another cool thing.

But up here its seriously like a new world, there is a lot of rich people that live here with nice cars which is a total change from where I was for the past 7 months, it’s really different. The ward is so cool, I have met a bunch of people in the ward and they are way awesome. There are 3 seventeen year-old kids that are so amazing and they love the missionary work and love going with the missionaries, they are like my favorites because you don't see that a lot here in Chile; kid's like that don't usually want to go out with the missionaries.

So tell Kenny he better start going on splits with the missionaries. So yeah those three are my favorites along with some other adults who are way cool and love the missionaries. This ward is one of the best wards because they give so many referrals to the missionaries and are not scared to share the gospel with their friends.

This week we got a reference from a member because the members are awesome here, so we passed by the house and we started teaching her and she is interested, and when we were teaching her, her mom came in the room and talked with us and told us that she is a member but has been inactive for a long time and so she is glad that we passed by because she says she wants to go back to church but her husband doesn't want her to. So the only way that she will go to church is if she tells her husband that she needs to accompany her daughter to the church. So it's really cool because the mom sits down with us as we teach and we leave with a commitment to read and go to church and they accepted them both and the mom and daughter both read in the book of Mormon and learn together. The mom is great and is really helping the daughter get over her fear to be baptized. So the daughter will be baptized in a couple of weeks and the mom has been coming to church with her daughter. So it's been a great experience teaching them and helping them come closer to Christ. Its been cool too because I teach a lot more than I used to, as I am teaching a lot more I'm really coming to love teaching these people. It's so funny how much more I understand having a companion that has the same time out as me cause I know if we don't pay attention then we will be lost. So we are both always paying a lot of attention.

It's been good with my new companion but he is definitely different that my other companions. He is not weird at all and we really get along. The only thing is that he is a lot quieter. He just doesn't say a lot even though I love talking lol. We get along great but the only thing is that I will just have to get him to talk more.

This week I also forgot was my birthday. I didn't do anything. We were going to go to some restaurant with the four in our pension, but it didn't work out so instead we went to some nice restaurant on Saturday and that was about it. But it's all good cause I already threw a party in my last sector with 6 other missionaries before I left and thanks to the Coffman's we were able to put up decorations and make a cake lol. I love the Coffman's.

I love you all, no more throwing up ha-ha

I'm glad everybody is doing great, thank you for all the prayers, they are
Definitely felt everyday I'm here.

Con Amor,
Elder Pedersen

No comments:

Post a Comment