Monday, March 21, 2011

How blessed I am...

Sorry for the short E-mails that I have been sending. Skyler told me that you were upset that I don’t write more and then I checked my E-mail after I read that and didn’t have anything from you so I thought you were just trying to get me back. Lol But of course both of my parents write me every week.

Thank You Dad and Mom for your letters, which every week that I receive them is the perfect thing that I need to hear at that time. I know that there is always room for improvement and I know that there are times that are just super hard, but I have to always think of my Savior and do what he would do. I want to walk away from these sacred two years that I have set aside with gaining as much as I can by giving the Lord all of my strength, even in the hard times.

Wow I can't believe that everybody is gone doing something fun this week. I can just imagine how weird it is only being Kenny and McKenna in the house. Lol It must feel really peaceful. lol

Yeah I agree on the part when you said my mission president and his wife are amazing. We as missionaries talk to them more than you think. He is someone that I want to become. Some mission presidents don’t talk to their missionaries that much. But in this mission he is always doing interviews with us and always having meetings with us. For example this month he is doing capacitations (I am not sure if this is suppose to be a Spanish word he is using, so I do not know what this is.) every Thursday, and it really helps us get super excited for the work. He is truly a man of dedication and gives up everything for us missionaries. I could go on and on about him and amazing stories that he has told us. I’m so glad to have him and his wife as mission president and mother of our mission.

That is way awesome that Neal had already got his call to go on a mission to Brazil. I thought he would be too young to even go already. Wow time is flying.

No, I’m not training yet. You usually get to train here after the year mark cause that is when you know the language really well and have had a lot of experiences.

This week was kind of hard for us even though we were obedient and tried hard to teach. Sometimes it’s so hard walking in the sun and everybody is closing their doors on us and even sometimes our investigators don’t want to progress. When that happens, I try and think of what Chanelle said on how Satan hates us doing this work and doesn’t want god’s children to find the gospel and then it gives me that excitement on those hard days to want to push forward with all my might and even be bold with people. Something that I have learned here is that if you’re not persistent to get in their doors, then they won’t  let you in. I have noticed that I have to be bold with people. Also what president wants us to focus on for right now is to flood Santiago with the book of Mormon as much as we can and always testify of it and get them to read. Because if they don’t read they will not gain a testimony. So that is what our focus is this week.

It was cool this week too cause I got to stay long enough to see one of my converts go to the temple before I left. So I was way excited about that because that is the main goal. To get them through those doors.

Also this week we went with a member to go see a lady who had cancer who wasn’t a member or her family. And me and my trainer gave her a blessing my first change. It wasn’t the lords will that she be healed but we went over there and sang with her and read a scripture while her family was their crying because she was going to die soon. It was cool experience for me to think how blessed I am and how loving the lord is to let me know these truths and know they are true trough the Holy Ghost. Things like death really put life into perspective and makes you really think how short this time here on earth is but also how important it is as well.

I like what you said dad on how I shouldn’t look at people and judge them but instead look at them as brothers and sisters who made this choice to come down here as well.

I love this gospel and I’m always growing here as I put my confidence in the lord and try my hardest even when things get hard. Those are the times when we grow the most. The more trials we go through, the more we enjoy the other side.

I love you all and I’m thankfull for all your prayers

Love,
-Elder Pedersen

No comments:

Post a Comment